The Coastal Observation and Seabird Survey Team (COASST), a citizen science program based at the University of Washington’s School of Aquatic and Fishery Sciences, is recruiting undergraduate interns for the upcoming academic quarter.
COASST interns work as a team directly with staff and gain valuable, hands-on experience with citizen science programs and the complexities of volunteer-collected data.
Internship tasks may include:
- Recruiting, tracking, and communicating with citizen science participants
- Managing incoming data and photos from beach surveys
- Entering beached bird, marine debris, and social science data
- Preparing materials for beached bird and marine debris trainings
- Representing COASST at outreach events
Interested students should send an email to:
Jackie Lindsey (Participant Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org