Are you interested in becoming a Student ALA member?
Join over 8,000 other students interested in all aspects of the library and information profession who have taken advantage of the opportunity to join the American Library Association for $37 a year! For a fraction of the cost of regular dues you will receive all the benefits, resources, discount offerings, and privileges of personal membership in ALA. You can also become a joint member of ALA and your state chapter for only $42 per year.
- Student Membership Application Information
- National/State Joint Membership Information
- ALA/WLA Joint Membership Application
ALA Membership Benefits
- 10 issues per year of the ALA’s American Libraries
- Weekly delivery of the ALA’s e-newsletters, AL Direct and Student AL Direct
- Substantial discounts on ALA and Divisional conferences as well as ALA Editions and Graphics
- Professional development and networking opportunities with over 64,000 other library and information professionals at ALA conferences and other events
- Access to ALA scholarships, grants, awards, and travel opportunities
- Access to discounted medical, dental, auto, and life insurance through ALA affinity providers
Joint Membership Benefits
- Vary by state, but may include newsletters, scholarships, mentor/networking opportunities,and discounts to the state chapter conference
- Visit the American Library Association for your state library association for details about regional chapters.
- Join online at http://www.ala.org/aboutala/joint-membership-program#joinonline
- Process note: Students joining or re-joining can join both state and national associations simultaneously through joint membership or extend a national membership to include the state association, but cannot extend the state membership to include the national.
WLA Membership Benefits
- Free subscription to ALKI, the Washington Library Association journal and WLA’s members-only discussion lists
- Discounted registration for the WLA Annual Conference
- Professional development and networking opportunities with other library and information professionals and possible future Washington employers
- Access to student scholarships, fellowships, awards, and travel grants