Anywhere Polling is a feature of Turningpoint. With Anywhere Polling, no special polling slides are required. Instead, a standard slide is used to display the question and list of possible answers.
Students use their laptop, tablet or phone to vote. When they vote, students choose from a generic lettered list (A,B,C, etc.). The questions and answer details do not appear on their device, so the slide displaying the question should remain on the screen during voting.
Turningpoint has video guides here: https://www.turningtechnologies.com/support/turningpoint-cloud/tutorials/educators
To get started with Anywhere Polling
- If you do not have an account, create a Turning account at account.turningtechnologies.com. You can also reset your password at account.turningtechnologies.com.
- Download Turningpoint Cloud or Turningpoint 8 from this address: https://www.turningtechnologies.com/downloads
- Before class, in Powerpoint, add poll questions to your slides. Add both questions and answer options (multiple choice) to standard slides. Special polling slides are not required with Anywhere Polling.
- When class begins, open Turningpoint Cloud or Turningpoint 8 on your computer and log on with your Turning account if prompted.
- In the Turningpoint dashboard, click Anywhere Polling. This will display the Anywhere Polling tool bar on top of your windows.
- In the polling toolbar, under the green arrow, click the gear icon, and then select Responseware > Start session. (NOTE If you are using Turnpoint 8, select Mobile Responses >Start Session instead). This will provide you a session ID number. Ask students to visit rwpoll.com, log on and enter the session ID number. See below for making all responses anonymous.
- Display your Powerpoint slides.
- When you are ready to pose a polling question, click the white and green “Down Arrow” in the polling tool bar. Select the number of possible answers (multiple choice question style).
- The students’ web browser will display a list of clickable lettered answer options. When a student clicks on an answer, it will be counted in the Anywhere Polling tool bar on your computer.
- To end the poll question and display the responses, click the green and white square “Stop” icon.
- For the next question, repeat from step 7.
To make polls anonymous:
- Start Turningpoint Cloud, log on and click Anywhere Polling.
- In the polling toolbar, under the green arrow, click the gear icon and select Responseware.
- When the Responseware box opens, click Session Options.
- Select the Don’t Show option for First Name, Last Name, User ID and Email.
- Click Save. Then click Start Session.
- Students will need to log on to respond to the poll, but their log on information will not be saved.
More about Anywhere Polling: http://help.turningtechnologies.com/TurningPointCloud/PC/#TPC/Polling/AP/AP.htm%3FTocPath%3DPolling%7CAnywhere%2520Polling%7C_____0