If you need access to a block web site in Canvas, contact your regional coordinator and inform them. The coordinator will begin the process. You’ll need a UW Net ID.
If you do not remember your UW Net ID, contact UW-IT at email@example.com.
If you do not have a UW Net ID, please contact your site coordinator.
Who has access?
- Students who are officially enrolled in your section.
- Students from other sections will have access as Observers.
- Block faculty and directors.
- Regional deans and administrative staff.
- SOM administrative staff.
In order for students to access a Canvas site, it needs to be published. Instructions for publishing a Canvas site are found in Publishing a Canvas course. Canvas sites should be published two weeks before the course begins.
To find and bookmark a course in Canvas
- Log on at canvas.uw.edu & click the Courses tab at the top of the page.
- In the Courses tab, click View All or Customize. This will display a list of all your courses.
- Add a course to your Courses tab by “starring” the course.