Dani Kaplan

(she/her/hers)

Contact Me

9 + 14 =

Partner

Michael Arenson (PGY-3) 

Hometown

Leawood, KS

College

Emory University

Profession

Physician Assistant

About Me

I’m a midwest girl who’s got strong opinions about carbs and can usually direct you to the best bakeries in the area. I work as a PA in cardiology, and love hiking with my newly expanded fam.

What has it been like being the partner of a Peds Resident at Seattle Children’s?

I’ve been blown away by the support that Mike’s co’s have provided each other – and to me! From day one, I’ve felt included in activities outside of work, and early after he started in July I was going on hikes and meeting his co-residents for beers even if Mike couldn’t make it. Additionally, Mike and I had our first kid in July, and the program was exceedingly supportive. Mike was able to align his electives and vacation to have a true paternity leave, time that I can’t imagine having gone without him. We’re both loving that we get to bring George to the Roosevelt clinic for care – it’s like a (socially distant) resident party every time.

What is your favorite thing to do in Seattle?

Seattle’s natural beauty is unmatched. Especially growing up in Kansas, it’s insane to me that I can drive less than an hour to a hike that makes me feel like I’m on the set of jurassic park or in Switzerland. I’ve also taken it upon myself to really dig in deep to find the best coffee shop in Seattle.

I’d love to talk to you about:

dogs, hikes, having a kid during residency