Chinenyenwa Mpamaugo (PGY-3)

[she/her/hers]

Contact Me

6 + 6 =

DComm Ambassador

Roles

DComm Member, AAP Representative

Hometown

Fort Washington, MD

College

Columbia University

Medical School

University of Pittsburgh School of Public Health (MD, MPH) 

What are your identities?

First Generation Nigerian American, Female, Black, Sister, Friend, Daughter, Christian

Who are your people?

My family is my strength, God is my foundation, and my friends are the pillars with which I stand. I can’t leave out my co-residents who always have my back and my mentors who let me cry on their shoulders and encourage me along the way. I am so blessed to have such amazing people around me and in my life. They inspire me everyday and make me a better person.

What are you most proud of?

I am proud of my ability to persevere through the hard times in life, never letting the doubt of other or myself stop me from achieving my goal of being a doctor and I’m proud to be the first in my family to become a physician with an amazing family of nurses supporting me. 

Why UW Pediatrics/Seattle Children’s?

On my interview day it was the love and support I felt from the faculty, chiefs, and residents that made me fall in love with the program. I was impressed by the initiatives pioneered by the residents to address issues of healthy inequity and racial disparities. I also felt that the city of Seattle has so much to offer from beautiful outdoor opportunities to eclectic communities, there is something here for everyone.

What’s next?

I will be a Chief Resident in 2023-2024. I plan to apply for fellowship. I also hope to continue to work in advocacy and do research focused on social determinants of health. Wherever the road may lead I hope I can encourage other children of immigrants/black kids/women to pursue medicine.

Nahee Park, MD

Nahee Park (PGY-1) (she/her/hers)
Hi! I’m Nahee (she/her) and I’m from the midwest! My academic interests include child advocacy particularly in health education and health literacy. Outside of medicine, I love building Legos, playing tennis, and visiting cute cafes!

Ellie Pearlman, MD

Ellie Pearlman PGY-3 Rising Executive Resident (she/her/hers)
Ask me about: I’m a third year in the Alaska Track who is interested in general pediatrics. I grew up in the Midwest and moved to Seattle for residency sight unseen (and love it here). Find me playing outside, eating new food around town, or crocheting on my time off.

Adriana Herrera, MD

Adriana Herrara PGY-1 (she/her/hers)
I am a first-generation college student and a proud daughter, granddaughter, sister and aunt. I am from New Mexico and plan to build my career out there after residency. I had never been to the PNW prior to residency and have been wonderfully surprised but also shocked by the culture, nature, rain.

Than Huynh, MD

Than Huynh PGY-1 (he/him/his)
I am a former engineer who now spends my free time designing toys for cats (see https://sites.google.com/view/toys-for-stella). Outside of that, I pretty love to do anything outdoorsy – whether it be hiking or going to farmer’s markets.

Natalie Lays, MD

Natalie Lays PGY-2 (she/her)
Ask me about: Moving from a different part of the country away from family. Having a partner who is not in medicine. Global health, anything outdoors! Yoga, painting, and ceramics.

Katie Shaffer, MD

Katie Shaffer PGY-2 (she/her)
Ask me about: What it’s like to move cross-country, moving (and transitioning to residency) with a non-medical partner, primary care and/or advocacy in residency, work-life balance during intern year, the wonders of Costco, finding the best Tex-Mex in Seattle, starting to bike commute in a new city.

Abby Laudi, MD

Abby Laudi PGY-2 (she/her)
I was born and raised in the Midwest but my parents immigrated from Malta so I’m a dual citizen! I spent the last 8 years in Omaha, NE for undergrad and med school. I met my now husband in undergrad at Creighton and we just got married four days before moving to Seattle for residency! He is a psychiatry intern at UW so we couples matched

Drew Fajardo, MD

Drew Fajardo PGY-2 (he/him)
I’m originally from a small town outside of Sacramento, California. I went to college in the SF bay area and attended medical school in Reno, Nevada.

Olivia Do, MD

Olivia Do PGY-2 (she/her/hers)
Ask me about: Baking, food, Seattle’s best restaurants, research, being first-generation in medicine, life with a partner in medicine, and anything else on your mind!

Amber Domako, MD

Amber Domako PGY-2 (she/her)
Ask me about: Couples matching support, outdoor activities (paddle-boarding, kayaking, biking, camping), and moving cross-country.

Ryan Rogers, MD

Ryan Rogers PGY-2 (he/him)
Happy to talk about opportunities at this program for future career planning, research, schedules, moving to Seattle, having a partner not in medicine. I’d love to answer any question you have that would help you get a better feel for this program and the people here.

Madison Lodge, MD

Madison Lodge PGY-2 (she/her/hers)
I moved from east to west coast for college + beyond, enjoy doing anything outside, have a 1 year old dog, and watching tv with friends + snacks! Ask me about being first gen, moving across or up the coast, being a dog mom, medical education, mental health/wellness, community, honestly anything!

Lee McKoin, MD

Lee McKoin PGY-2 (they/them/theirs)
Ask me about: Being genderqueer in Seattle and at Seattle children’s, working at Odessa Brown Children’s Clinic, choosing to stay in Seattle from med school to residency, maintaining work life balance with people outside of Medicine, how to get outside and play in the woods in the Pacific Northwest, why I chose the Alaska track.

Kathleen Goodwin, MD

PGY-2 (she/her/hers)
Ask me About: Public health and health policy, adolescent behavioral health, celebrity gossip

Dilara Onur, MD

Dilara Onur PGY-3, Rising Executive Resident (she/her/hers)
I am the daughter of Turkish immigrants, sister to a real scientist, and mother of a doodle named Remy. My friends would describe me as silly, sarcastic, and loving. I am happiest when I am outside by the water, with a beverage in one hand and my camera in the other. At work, I am usually bumping music in the team room or using silliness as a way to get through a stressful day. Outside of the hospital I am either taking photos, cooking for friends, or spending time with my fiancé Travis and dog Remy. 

Victor Hsiao, MD

Victor Hsiao- PGY-3, Rising Executive Resident (he/him/his)
Ask me About: Anything! But especially about foster care and child protection, rural health (and the Alaska Track), patient and family empowerment, and whole-person care. Also, swimming, running, biking, and getting around Seattle without a car!