About Me

Hello! My name is Cessna Westra and I am very excited to be a part of FMIA 2019. I just recently graduated from Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma Washington, and I am hoping to start a career in government archaeology here in the Willamette Valley. I have lived in Eugene, Oregon my whole life and have come to love this place and everything about it. I am here hoping to learn how to work with the Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde and how to improve the systems within US government archaeology, so that they can help manage tribal belongings in a manner approved of and preferred by the Grand Ronde.
Outside of the professional world, I enjoys being with friends and family as the primary joy in my life. I am also a new dog owner and am slowly realizing just how much dogs are really just small furry humans. I am eternally in love with books and movies and I tend to break into random lectures on Harry Potter if provoked. I love country music and horses as well in complete contrast, and have lived my whole life in between nerdy and country.
In school I majored in anthropology with a focus on archaeology. I hope to some day pursue a masters degree at OSU but I will always remain faithful to my fighting ducks back in Eugene where football is concerned.
I look forward to meeting many new people through this field school, and learning as much as possible about Grand Ronde heritage, practice, and culture.