2022-2023 Officers

Lead Officer: George Fennell

Stone FennellHello! My name is George Fennell, and I am a senior in Materials Science and Engineering. Solar technology is uniquely flexible and accessible. Working as a member of GRID has informed and motivated my academic studies as I learn about how solar technology can help communities have agency, in the lives of their members and as participants in the fight against climate change. If you have anything you want to talk about, please feel free to reach out to me at stonefen@uw.edu

Optimization & Sizing Officer: Cassidy Quigley

I joined GRID in the spring of 2021 and became the sizing and optimization officer for GRID in the winter of 2022. My responsibilities include working on sizing solar power systems and an in house sizing software written in python. I am currently a second year masters student at UW in the mechanical engineering department focusing on energy systems and data science and I also work in building HVAC optimization.

Medium & Outreach Officer: Trent Dillon

Trent Dillon is a sixth-year PhD student at the University of Washington mechanical engineering department and Pacific Marine Energy Center. Trent’s research surrounds economic, system and community-based optimization of off-grid wave energy systems through simulation, involving collaboration with the National Renewable Energy Laboratory and Makah Tribe.

Social Impacts Officer: Florence Dou

Hi! My name is Florence Dou and I am a fifth year PhD student in Chemistry. My work in GRID centers around assessing the community impact of our solar installations through the use of surveys and interviews. We are always trying to find ways to build meaningful connections with the communities we work with, and develop material so that our installations are sustainable and long-lasting.

Business Team Officer: Owen Johnson

Hello! I am senior studying Electrical and Computer Engineering. My responsibilities include supporting other teams on the business front, and creating opportunity to grow the clean energy community here at UW. If you’d like to learn more, reach out at owenj2@uw.edu! I am always open to chat.