The MSBA student-led Analytics Innovation (AI) Club is proud to be kicking off for the 2023-24 academic year. The newly elected AI Club officers are currently planning what is sure to be an extremely exciting year full of innovation, networking, skill building and, of course, fun with analytics!

“Are you passionate about data analytics and looking to gain hands-on industry knowledge? You’re in the right place! Our club is dedicated to empowering UW Tacoma students with the skills, networking opportunities, and resources to excel in the field of data analytics, “says AI Club Communications Officer, Diane Hoang. “This Fall Term, we have two exciting data analytics projects. In Winter, we’re ramping up networking opportunities and case studies with industry experts from Greater Seattle. And in Spring, we’re planning a potential conference. We’ll also have coding game nights and fun meet events in the future.”

“Whether you’re a novice or an expert, there’s something for everyone in The Analytics Innovation Club. Let’s explore the world of data analytics together!” 

Meet the 2023-24 AI Club Officers: 

President – Revathi Chintapalli

Revathi Chintapalli, a Business Analytics student graduating in 2024, is our club president. With a background in business and sociology, Revathi’s passion for understanding how things work drives her commitment to fostering networking opportunities and hands-on skill development within the club. Her goal is to create a dynamic environment for learning and networking in the realm of data analytics.

Vice President – Navneet Singh

Navneet Singh, pursuing an MS in Business Analytics and set to graduate in June 2024, has a background in Economics and a passion for analytics and technology. He joined the club to deepen his knowledge, network with like-minded individuals, and gain valuable data analysis skills, with the goal of creating an inclusive community that fosters cooperative learning and career opportunities in data-related fields.

Secretary – Aaron Thai

I am Aaron Thai, currently serving as the AI Club Secretary. My educational journey includes a BA in Geography: Data Science from UW Seattle, and I’m on track to graduate with an MSBA from UW Tacoma in June 2024. In my free time, I enjoy watching anime and creating YouTube videos. My true passion lies in gaming, and I aspire to work in the industry someday. I joined the club to connect with like-minded individuals. My goal for the club is to create a fun and supportive environment where we can study and learn together.

Treasurer – Moosa Naushab

I’m Moosa Naushab, serving as the club’s Treasurer. My educational background includes a BS in Mathematics, and I’m currently enrolled in the MSBA program, set to graduate in June 2024. In my free time, I’ve recently taken up playing Pickleball, which I absolutely love! My main desire for joining the club is to network with fellow data enthusiasts. My goal is to build a comprehensive profile of all the data analytics projects I complete during my time here.

Communications Officer – Diane Hoang

I’m Diane Hoang, the Communications Officer. My academic journey began with marketing in my undergrad, and I’m currently pursuing Business Analytics. I’m an Oregon native who loves all things nature, including paddleboarding in the summer and clam and crabbing in the winter. My current passions include gardening, planning vacation itineraries, and crafting 10-year life plans. I joined the club to connect with the local community, contribute my planning skills, and learn from others. My goal is to serve our student body by translating their needs into events and activities that benefit everyone. I’m excited about communicating and documenting all our club’s events and initiatives.

About the Analytics Innovation Club

The Analytics Innovation (AI) Club is a cross-discipline, registered student organization founded and led annually by MSBA students. It is open to students of all majors and also serves as the single University of Washington Student Chapter of the Institute for Operations Research and Management Sciences (INFORMS).  The AI Club is dedicated to providing and facilitating opportunities for student collaboration and engagement campuswide with local and extended communities and industry partners. The defined purpose of the AI Club is to:

• Encourage interest in the field of analytics innovation (e.g., Data Analytics, Digital Innovation, Operations Research, Management Sciences, Decision Sciences, Data Sciences, Design Sciences, Descriptive, Diagnostic, Predictive, Prescriptive & Cognitive Analytics, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Artificial Intelligence).
  • Provide a means of communication among people interested in analytics innovation.
  • Provide an informal means of exchange about analytics innovation educational programs and opportunities.
  • Provide an informal means of sharing information about the methods and techniques of Analytics Innovation.
  • Organize workshops with speakers who address analytics innovation and related topics.
  • Offer student consulting services in analytics innovation to the local community.

How to Get Involved

You can reach out to us via email on aiclub@uw.edu