About Me

Andrea Stocco (top) with his dog Ringo (handsome fella on the bottom)

Me & Ringo

I am a computational cognitive neuroscientist from Palmanova, Italy. I obtained my Ph.D. at the University of Trieste, Italy, and did post-graduate work at Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA.

I am now an associate professor of Psychology and adjunct associate professor of Computer Science at the University of Washington, Seattle.

Most of my work focuses on characterizing the architecture of the human brain from a computational point of view, investigating which fundamental algorithms are used by the brain and how they can be identified from neural and behavioral data. I have used this approach to develop predictive models of brain-behavior relationships in normal populations and in patients–a field that is also known as computational psychiatry

In my work, I have used multiple methods, including neuroimaging (EEG and fMRI) and neurostimulation (Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation) techniques. In 2013, I co-developed the first non-invasive human brain-to-brain interface, and, in 2019, the first non-invasive multi-directional, multi-person brain network.

Contact

Email: stocco<at>uw.edu

Quick links

Google Scholar Google Scholar: Profile

Twitter: TheRealDrDre2

Mastodon: @DrDree@mastodon.social

GitHub:  TheRealDrDre

Curriculum Vitae

A downloadable copy of my CV