At the UW Tacoma Library, we strive to be a catalyst for learning, research, and scholarship on campus and for the surrounding community. As a nexus of services, expertise, infrastructure, and environments we help students achieve their dreams and faculty create new knowledge that positively impacts the local community and beyond. Our blog is here to document our work in a place where community comes together around shared interests to learn, achieve, create, and reflect.
- Phone: 253.692.4440
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Tioga Library Building / Snoqualmie Building,
1900 Commerce St, Tacoma, WA
The UW Tacoma Library blog is produced by library employees, including student workers, administrators, librarians, and staff.
Comments are welcomed and encouraged on this site, but must be in accordance with WAC 172-137-050, which prohibits the following types of speech in university facilities or on university property:
- Obscene material, as defined by state and federal law;
- Defamation or libelous material, as defined by state law;
- Incitement of imminent lawlessness;
- True threats, as defined by federal law;
- Fighting words, as defined by federal law; and
- Speech or conduct that will cause a material and substantial disruption of university activities.
In addition, as an institution committed to combating systemic discrimination and promoting social justice the UW Tacoma Library staff takes the well-being of our community members seriously. We reserve the right to delete comments and/or ban offenders without notice, including in the following circumstances:
- Any comments including malicious harassment, as defined by RCW 9A.36.080.
- Any bias-motivated comments, as defined under UW Tacoma’s bias incident reporting procedure.
- Comments that attack an individual directly or harass other posters.
- Comments containing language or concepts that may be deemed threatening, abusive, misleading, or intimidating to our community.
- Anonymous comments.
- Comments deemed to be spam or solely promotional in nature. Including a link to relevant content is permitted, but comments should be relevant to the post topic.
- Comments including profanity.
This comment policy is subject to change at any time. If you have any questions on the commenting policy, please let us know at email@example.com.
This policy was adapted from How to Write a Blog Comment Policy by Susan Gunelius on Lifewire.com (May 2017).