Human-centered design is the focus of my research and it simultaneously influences my student-centered approach to teaching. I design educational experiences by understanding my audience and their goals, trying things out, getting feedback, and making changes.
Classes I regularly teach at UW Tacoma, see the time schedule for the current offerings.
- TWRT 291: Technical Communication in the Workplace
- TWRT 292: Power, Privilege, and Bias in Technology Design
- TCOM 320: Principles of Web Design
- TWRT 350: Principles of User-Centered Design
- TWRT 355: Usability Testing and Research
- TWRT 391: Advanced Technical Communication
- TIAS 491: Professional Portfolio Design
- TIAS 499: Undergraduate Research