Connections with the World System and Ourselves

Response to Sarah  Champ’s “A refocusing Around Connection”

Feel Connected

This reflection on the Contemplative Practices ties in the very present issue of COVID-19 and the stresses it is bringing to daily lives, and the stresses it puts on the world system. I personally have never felt more transient, with my family’s summer move plans no longer set in stone, all future plans cancelled, and the uncertainty of even returning to school in the fall taking its toll on my ability to feel connected to the life I left (as I am out of state) and even the sense of self I have built over the last year. Sarah feels the same way, as there is both an internal sense of pressure to feel tied down to something, and an external through responsibilities such as coursework and household duties, but an inability to feel a connection to either. People are interconnected, and this sense of connection being disrupted has led to a more systemic approach of every individual and entire countries evaluating their connection to each other.

The greatest impact of this can be seen on the fossil fuel industry. COVID-19 has decimated oil prices as production continues but no consumers are using it, as car use and industrial production are halted due to economic shutdowns worldwide. Divestment in Fossil Fuels: A Preventive Public Health Strategy ...According to Forbes, renewable energy has become more appealing in fossil fuel’s place as they are not nearly as volatile economically, and increase energy sovereignty as constant imports of scarce fossil fuels are cut. Economic bailouts are being drafted for relief, and lawmakers are being given an opportunity to focus relief on more economically viable and environmentally safe instead of continuing to fund the dying fossil fuel industry. Peak Oil and Coal were reached decades ago, and the supply is only fading more and more.

The connection between individuals, the pandemic, and the fossil fuel industry’s future is clear, and it is paramount to make sure that change is enacted for the better.

14 thoughts on “Connections with the World System and Ourselves

1. A debt of gratitude is in order for the tips folks. They were all incredible. I have been having issues with being fat both rationally and physically. On account of you all I have been indicating enhancements. Do post more. carta da pareti

2. I found your site perfect for me. It comprises of brilliant and valuable posts. I’ve perused huge numbers of them and furthermore got such a great amount from them. As far as I can tell, you do the genuinely amazing.Truly i’m intrigued out of this distribute 成立公司

3. La parola rolex, non è altro che un insieme delle parole francesi “horlogierie exquise” (orologeria squisita), un nome facile da pronunciare e da ricordare.Da qui, la parola Rolex replica omega.
    Il Marchio viene registrato a La Chaux-De-Fonds, in Svizzera, nel 1908.

4. Fondata da Hans Wilsdorf nel 1908, Rolex è sempre stata un produttrice di primati, primo orologio da polso a ricevere la certificazione Chronometer, primo ad avere il datario automatico, primo con un rotore di carica oscillante come in uso ancora oggi, e primo orologio da polso impermeabile.https://www.orologilusso.eu/

5. Diablo 4 gold is the main currency in Diablo 4. It is used to purchase a variety of items, including gear, weapons, consumables, and crafting materials. Gold can also be used to pay for repairs, respecs, and other services. If you want to purchase gold, it is best to do so through the official Diablo 4 store https://www.diablo4money.com/.

6. I have been looking for articles on these topics for a long time.
    I don’t know how grateful you are for posting on this topic.
    Thank you for the numerous articles on this site, I will subscribe to those links in my bookmarks and visit them often.
    Have a nice day

제이나인 토토 사이트 도메인
    제이나인 토토 사이트 순위
    제이나인 토토 유저
    제이나인 토토 일정
    제이나인 온라인 카지노 순위
    https://www.j9korea.com