A Systems Approach to Racial Justice

I want to talk about the racial issues and tension going on right now. I think it speaks to the systemic approach of this class and how there is no such thing as an isolated event. When I think about racial tension, racism and the current protests there is a historical tie and overall a timeline of injustice. 400 years of oppression and the single event of George Floyd’s murder are intrinsically connected, it’s never just one bad cop it is the system that has fueled and allowed for these actions. Specifically when slavery was abolished the police force was created as a patrol to control freed slaves and was also used to maintain slave labor by imprisoning Black people for “crimes” and then forcing them to work as prisoners again. This shows that while it looks like police violence are isolated issues they actually are connected by the fact that the system was created as a racist oppressive force to control Black people. The protests while happening right now, are rather the culmination of 400 years of oppression, government disregard for its most vulnerable citizens, and the final straw of the murder of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and others. These events are all connected and show the importance of considering all these factors when talking about racial justice. 

I think that the food system is actually one of the worst offenders of racist actions. It started with the taking of Native Americans food, and using slave labor to tend to the fields. This doesn’t even stop when the 13th amendment is passed, because convicts can still be forced to work on fields because they’re considered “criminals.” While this practice isn’t used today, there are now migrant laborers who are paid the lowest wages possible. A final problem is the disparity in diet related diseases such as diabetes and obesity. This is primarily because of the lack of healthy resources available in food deserts and low income neighborhoods. To honestly change the food system for better the racism and disparity in resources needs to be addressed first. 

4 Not-So-Easy Ways to Dismantle Racism in the Food System

21 thoughts on “A Systems Approach to Racial Justice

1. This is exactly for that reason fabulous and additionally extremely creative. I simply absolutely love all the different shades and additionally anyone can get the software on the deliver would be happy. 호빠

2. Nice post. I learn something new and challenging on sites I stumbleupon on a daily basis. It’s always interesting to read through articles from other authors and use something from their web sites.

Kesehatan

3. Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can’t wait to read lots of your posts. 먹튀검증사이트

4. Now i’m actually very happy to locate this web site and also would take pleasure in studying beneficial posts published the following. The particular tips with the creator has been great, thank you for your discuss. baskılı poşet

5. That is a good write-up When i viewed on account of write about the item. Really it is what exactly I need to to discover trust with foreseeable future you might go on intended for giving a really fantastic write-up. watch free movies online

6. That is a good write-up When i viewed on account of write about the item. Really it is what exactly I need to to discover trust with foreseeable future you might go on intended for giving a really fantastic write-up. thegiftio

7. This is definitely the knowledge We are acquiring all over the place. Cheers for ones web site, I merely join your blog. This is the wonderful web site. . ufa888

8. L’incertezza circonda le origini del nome rolex replica, che alcuni credono sia un cenno all’auto di lusso Rolls-Royce che amava Alfred Davis, mentre altri credono che derivi dal termine francese horlogerie exquise (squisita). tabulazione). Ma fu solo nel 1915 che il nome Rolex fu ufficialmente registrato.

9. Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I’m very impressed!
    Extremely useful info specially the last part I care for such information a lot.
    I was seeking this certain info for a long time. Thank you and good luck.

제이나인 토토 사이트
    제이나인 카지노 사이트
    제이나인 먹튀 검증
    제이나인 먹튀 사이트
    제이나인 스포츠 토토
    https://www.j9korea.com