The UW Tacoma Library is hiring an Open Access and Digital Scholarship Specialist. This position will participate and support the Library’s efforts to key areas:
- Enabling UW Tacoma faculty and students to openly share their scholarly work.
- Engaging with emerging forms of scholarship that leverage the affordances of digital technologies.
Graduate students on any one of the three campuses of the University of Washington may apply to this position, and we especially encourage candidates in MLIS program the UW Information School to consider this job. This would an ideal position for graduate students seeking hands-on experience with the services and infrastructure in academic libraries that support open access and digital scholarship. Remote work is possible after completing onsite training and demonstrating competency at assigned task.
Depending on the interest and skills, this position, will also become involved in a variety of digital scholarship projects at UW Tacoma, such as the Tacoma Community History Project, publishing platform pilots with Pressbooks or Manifold, or other forms of engaged scholarship and teaching that use digital tools.
The core duties of this position will be to significantly expand the amount of scholarly articles shared openly through the campus-supported digital repository and to create a data dashboard that will track this progress. Funding for this work is made possible by UW Tacoma Library received funding from a successful Strategic Impact Fund for a project called “Unlocking UW Tacoma Scholarly Work.”
A few reasons why you might want to work at UW Tacoma Library
- Located in a downtown warehouse district, our campus is uniquely integrated into the community and values equity, inclusion, social justice, and community-engaged scholarship.
- Serving the dynamic and growing campus, we offers graduate student employees a number of unique opportunities to develop skills for professional careers.
- Recognizing that students have complex lives and often must commute, we offer flexible work schedules and the opportunity for remote work.
- Working at UW Tacoma gives you an opportunity to participate in and witness the ongoing transformation of downtown Tacoma and the South Sound region.
Image credit: Photos used in this post were taken by UW Tacoma Advancement.