What is Open Scholar Cafe?
You may have heard about Unlocking UW Tacoma’s Scholarly Work, the library’s SIF-funded pilot project. We know that folks may have questions about Open Access or making their scholarship more Open, which is why we are offering Open Scholar Cafe: a series of Pop-Up consultations to support faculty in sharing their scholarship. Of course, you can sign up for the pilot project at any time.
Open Scholar Cafe is drop-in, but there will be doughnuts for our first few attendees! You can ensure time (and a doughnut!) by emailing Erika Bailey ahead of time.
What can I learn about at Open Scholar Cafe?
- Creating a profile or uploading your scholarship to our institutional repository, Digital Commons
- The UW Open Access (OA) Policy
- Digital projects and assignments
- Online e-publishing.
- Oral histories or podcasting
- Blogs, websites, or online exhibits
- Digital storytelling and story maps
Open Scholar Cafe Schedule for Fall 2019
- Wednesday 10/2 12:30-1:30pm, Snoqualamie Lobby
- Friday 10/11 3:00-4:00pm, Metro Coffee
- Friday 10/25 3:00-4:00pm, Metro Coffee
- Wednesday 10/30 11:00-12:00pm, Pinkerton
- Friday 11/8 3:00-4:00pm, Metro Coffee
- Wednesday 11/13 12:30-1:30pm, GWP Atrium
- Friday 11/22 3:00-4:00pm, Metro Coffee
- Friday 12/6 3:00-4:00pm, Metro Coffee
- Wednesday 12/11 1:30-2:30pm, Metro Coffee