Meet our Staff: Ai Nguyen

Tulip tree in blossom in front of a library building.
(Photo courtesy of UW Tacoma Flickr).

Have you used the computers in SNO during the Beforetimes? Then you’ve interacted with Ai, who keeps the software up to date for our computer users. We are so glad to be able to work with Ai!

• How do you work with faculty and students in your current role at the UW Tacoma Library? I am a student IT assistant. I provide technical assistance to students and library staff. I make sure that the computers are running smoothly and have the latest software to ensure the best experiences for students.
  • What drew you to working in libraries? Everything! Extremely kind people, helpful resources, and safe environment!
  • What parts of your job are you most excited about? The most exciting part of my job is being able to meet new people and helping them with their technical issues. At the same time, being able to experience my potential by facing new challenges, working on different projects, and being able to learn new technologies including 3D printing, Raspberry Pi, etc.
  • How has your job shifted because of COVID-19? The only difference in my job is that I remotely assist people with the technical issues instead of in-person.
  • Any advice for UWT students?  Never underestimate what you are capable of doing. Also it is important to take breaks from academics and spend time with loved ones, so that you don’t burnout.