Response to Undocumented Farmworkers are Left at High Risk for COVID-19

When I think about food I don’t normally think about where it comes from, I have the privilege of doing this. After reading this blog post I started thinking about the supply chain and how many people my food interacted with before getting to me. The first person was most likely a migrant worker, then people that work in a warehouse, to finally a grocery store stocker. This is just the beginning but it shows that there are many people that will essentially touch my food. Now why am I mentioning this? When thinking about policy and safety during COVID-19, the amount of hands that my food touched is disconcerting when talking about a transferable illness. While this doesn’t necessarily matter in regards to a COVID-19 there is still the issue that farm conditions breed bacteria and illnesses. I specifically think about E.Coli and the amount of outbreaks that cause farms to shut down each year. This happens because of poor conditions, lack of sanitation and bathrooms for farmworkers. Outbreaks like this can easily be stopped by improving conditions and the safety of the laborers. When there is an individual approach to these issues, without overarching changes to the system and conditions, then the trend will just continue and the safety of the whole food system will continually be compromised. 

Migrant farmworkers have been a staple in this country since the 1800s, the U.S promises a decent job and opportunities that these migrants wouldn’t have in their own country. However, these undocumented workers have always faced harsh conditions and the threat of being deported. Another issue is how many farms call ICE after the work has been finished and the workers don’t ever receive pay for their work. This is obviously extremely unethical but migrant farmers have no federal rights and state rights are far from guaranteeing their safety. Migrant farmers are the backbone of this country and when the country’s food supply relies heavily on this labor, yet they are treated as if they are inconsequential. COVID-19 has shown that essential workers are rarely the ones paid the most, and are the most overlooked. 

Undocumented farmworkers are left at high risk for COVID-19

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/news/meeting-seasonal-labor-needs-age-covid-19

9 thoughts on “Response to Undocumented Farmworkers are Left at High Risk for COVID-19

1. This is a great standpoint, nonetheless is just not create every sence in any way talking about which mather. Every technique thanks as well as i had endeavor to discuss your own place straight into delicius but it looks like it’s a dilemma using your information sites are you able to you need to recheck the item. many thanks once more. QR code Generator

2. Oyster e Perpetual replica rolex, la prima risalente addirittura al 1926, è stata la prima vera La cassa resistente all’acqua era sinonimo di orologeria, che arrivò molto più tardi e stabilì il rivoluzionario meccanismo del rotore che diede inizio alla moderna dinastia a carica automatica.

3. replica rolex, la prima risalente addirittura al 1926, è stata la prima vera La cassa resistente all’acqua era sinonimo di orologeria, che arrivò molto più tardi e stabilì il rivoluzionario meccanismo del rotore che diede inizio alla moderna dinastia a carica automatica.

4. Great post, I will definitely recommend this site to my friends.
    I will bookmark this site, thanks to the author for having this great post.
    Click this and have fun ➡

제이나인 토토 갤러리
    제이나인 토토 사이트 추천
    제이나인 토토 커뮤니티
    제이나인 온 카지노
    제이나인 카지노 사이트
    https://www.j9korea.com