Slow Food Washington

The action group I was a part of worked with Slow Food Washington to help gather resources to inform the SF community about Washington House Bill 2777 (SHB 2777), also known as the “Tamale Bill.” Slow Food is an international organization that promotes its three pillars of “Good, Clean, and Fair Food for All” through community engagements. The legislature created by another non-profit Ventures Marketplace permits home cooks to legally sell food without a commercial kitchen which directly aligns with Slow Food’s mission for fairness as it supports local businesses. Our role was to create a digital toolkit to engage the SF Washington community about SHB 2777.

The first page of our rough draft of the digital toolkit

Highlighting the importance of relationships with community members and other organizations in order to enact collective change, the project provided me a window into how a fairly large organization operates and the importance of communication. I learned tangible ways to get involved such as donating, volunteering time, or working with people in the community to create positive change.

Slow Food started as a wide-scale movement against the globalization of Western fast food and now as an organization, its mission is to support marginalized communities in taking active roles in the food system. My involvement in this project shaped my understanding of the importance of food sovereignty in local communities. Monica White, the author of Freedom Farmers, also shares a similar sentiment about the importance of food sovereignty through community-led organizations. White illustrates the Detroit Black Community Food Security Network’s successes in creating food security and economic autonomy through community farming. (White, 127)

All SF chapters are volunteer-driven communities working on different campaigns and initiatives important respective to their own needs in regards to food.

COVID-19 has disrupted the global economy and the food system, exposing weak links such as working conditions, overproduction, and trade deals leading. In a broader lens, allowing community members to start their own business out of their kitchen is one of the many ways communities can build toward food sovereignty. SHB 2777 and other campaigns like it proves that within a living system comes evolution and adaptation to challenging circumstances. This state legislature is one of many examples of how people’s direct relationship to food creates a personal, deeper understanding of the entirety of the world’s food system.

Also, just a few of the many resources out there to get involved in regards to the abolishment of the police: https://linktr.ee/acab

Work Cited:

White, M.M (2018). Drawing on the Past toward a Food Sovereign Future. Freedom Farmers: Agricultural Resistance and the Black Freedom Movement (pp. 117-140) Chapel Hill, North Carolina: The University of North Carolina Press.

36 thoughts on “Slow Food Washington

1. Thanks a lot for sharing this with all folks you really realize what you’re talking about! Bookmarked. Kindly also consult with my site =). We could have a hyperlink exchange agreement between us

Travel

2. You actually dealt with several engaging things in this article. I came across it by using Bing and I’ve got to admit that I am now subscribed to your website, it is very decent (: BONEKSLOT

3. Once i received on your own website despite the fact that inserting attention simply a bit small bit submits. Pleasurable technique for lasting, I will be book-marking at any moment receive sorts full will come way up. LIVESLOT365

4. I don’t even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I do not know who you are but certainly you’re going to a famous blogger if you are not already 😉 Cheers!

Asuransi

5. Yes, I am entirely agreed with this article, and I just want say that this article is very helpful and enlightening. I also have some precious piece of concerned info !!!!!!Thanks. laufhaus

6. Definitely believe that which you said. Your favourite reason seemed to be on the internet the simplest factor to consider of. I say to you, I definitely get irked at the same time as other people think about issues that they just don’t recognise about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top well defined out the entire thing without having side effect , other folks could take a signal. Will probably be again to get more. Thank you! parlayasbola.com

7. Definitely believe that which you said. Your favourite reason seemed to be on the internet the simplest factor to consider of. I say to you, I definitely get irked at the same time as other people think about issues that they just don’t recognise about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top well defined out the entire thing without having side effect , other folks could take a signal. Will probably be again to get more. Thank you! Radar138

8. I’m impressed, I have to admit. Really rarely can i encounter a weblog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you could have hit the nail to the head. Your thought is outstanding; the thing is something which too few folks are speaking intelligently about. I am delighted we found this around my find something with this. ทางเข้าufabet12

9. Excitement is in the air as Peshawar Zalmi clashes with Multan Sultans in the Pakistan Super League! Get ready for a thrilling encounter between these two powerhouse teams. Who do you think will come out on top? Share your predictions and let the cricket HBL PSL

10. Clients marketing strategies that you choose to useful survey before establishing. It can be straightforward to jot down top-quality write-up like this. Radar138

11. Your writing style is relatable and conversational, making readers feel connected and motivated to explore money-making opportunities. To learn more, click

12. I appreciate the emphasis on the importance of building a strong personal brand and online presence when pursuing money-making opportunities. It’s a way to establish credibility and attract opportunities. For more insights, link-building

13. Your post highlights the potential of starting a side hustle or part-time business alongside a regular job to generate additional income. It’s a way to test ideas and make money on the side. For additional insights, Click here

14. Your post highlights the potential of starting a side hustle or part-time business alongside a regular job to generate additional income. It’s a way to test ideas and make money on the side. For additional insights, click here

15. فني تصليح طباخات لخدمات صيانة طباخات وأفران غاز وشوايات وميكروييف مع اعمال تنظيف وغسيل طباخات وفالات جولة بارخص الاسعار.

تصليح طباخ

16. orologi replica rolex SA è stata fondata nel 1905 da Hans Wilsdorf e dal fratellastro Alfred Davis. Nonostante sia una delle più grandi aziende orologiere svizzere, Wilsdorf è tedesca e la prima ha sede a Londra. Wilsdorf & Davis era il nome originale dell’azienda che in seguito divenne

17. Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I’m very impressed!
    Extremely useful info specially the last part I care for such information a lot.
    I was seeking this certain info for a long time. Thank you and good luck.

제이나인 토토 사이트
    제이나인 카지노 사이트
    제이나인 먹튀 검증
    제이나인 먹튀 사이트
    제이나인 스포츠 토토
    https://www.j9korea.com