A Reflection of Food Politics and Working with Landesa

For the Group Project, my group of five worked with the NGO Landesa which strives to work with farmers in poor countries to help them know and hold their land rights. What we were tasked with doing is creating infographics to put onto Landesa’s social media to better inform people, especially young adults, of what they do. This was a very interesting experience for me because what my group got to works on is heavily tied to what we have discussed in our class throughout the year especially regarding systems thinking.

How Landesa tries to make a difference in the world directly ties with concepts brought up specifically in two of our classes. The first is that of food sovereignty and more specifically land sovereignty, which Marc Edleman discusses in his essay. He mentions that access to land rights helps provide even distribution of land and provide greater access to resources (923). Landesa is working directly with communities to better raise them up from the bottom because it will help them create their own economic opportunities for themselves. The next concept the ties Landesa directly to our class is their fight for land rights specifically for women. Julia Whitling mentions in her article, “When women are provided with the same inputs, assets, and technical assistance as men, their yields could increase by as much as 20-30 percent, which translates to a reduction in the number of undernourished people in the world by 12-17 percent” (2019). This shows the importance of Landesa’s work in because it can make such a big impact in poor and unequal communities.

It truly was a pleasure to work with Landesa especially because we got to see the approach that they took. In my contribution to Landesa’s social media I focus on their belief in better education as a solution to addressing land rights issues. This goes directly along with systems thinking because better education often means better understanding of land rights which that will lead to greater economic growth of the communities. It was great to learn just how much Landesa’s work described what us as a class often hoped for to bring change to poor communities without access to food.

One of my infographics

Sources

Marc Edelman et al. “Introduction: Critical Perspectives on Food Sovereignty.”  Journal of Peasant Studies: Global Agrarian Transformations 41, 6, 2014, pp. 911–931.

Chicago Council on Global Affairs, Hungry for Equality: Examining the Gender Gap in Food  Security

Photo credit: thechicagocouncil.org/blog/global-food-thought/hungry-equality-examining-gender-gap-food-security

26 thoughts on “A Reflection of Food Politics and Working with Landesa

1. Its such as you learn my thoughts! You seem to know so much approximately this, like you wrote the e book in it or something. I think that you simply could do with some percent to power the message home a bit, but instead of that, this is magnificent blog. A great read. I will definitely be back.

Investment

2. There are a handful of intriguing points at some point in this posting but I don’t determine if I see these center to heart. There exists some validity but Let me take hold opinion until I take a look at it further. Excellent write-up , thanks and we want a lot more! Combined with FeedBurner too BONEKSLOT

3. I would like most of the accounts, Favor actually enjoyed, We wish addiitional details regarding it, because it will be comparatively outstanding., Respect only for proclaiming. LIVESLOT365

4. I’m truly enjoying the design and layout of your blog. It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a developer to create your theme? Fantastic work!

https://www.emporiumperu.com

5. Your writing style is relatable and conversational, making readers feel connected and motivated to explore money-making opportunities. To learn more, click

6. I appreciate the emphasis on the importance of building a strong personal brand and online presence when pursuing money-making opportunities. It’s a way to establish credibility and attract opportunities. For more insights, link-building

7. I appreciate the emphasis on the importance of building a strong personal brand and online presence when pursuing money-making opportunities. It’s a way to establish credibility and attract opportunities. For more insights, Error Fixing and Upgrade

8. Your post highlights the potential of starting a side hustle or part-time business alongside a regular job to generate additional income. It’s a way to test ideas and make money on the side. For additional insights, Click here

9. Your post highlights the potential of starting a side hustle or part-time business alongside a regular job to generate additional income. It’s a way to test ideas and make money on the side. For additional insights, click here

10. Anytime we grew to become in your website with specific interest very easily a little bit of little bit submits. Satisfying way of long haul, I’m going to be book-marking right now possess versions achieve comes correct upward. QR code Generator

11. è passato molto tempo da allora, ma i due istinti del successo di Rolex hublot replica non sono stati travolti dal passare del tempo, dalle nuove mode, ma hanno acquisito negli anni il lustro più ambito, il grande Timeless.

12. Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I’m very impressed!
    Extremely useful info specially the last part I care for such information a lot.
    I was seeking this certain info for a long time. Thank you and good luck.

제이나인 토토 사이트
    제이나인 카지노 사이트
    제이나인 먹튀 검증
    제이나인 먹튀 사이트
    제이나인 스포츠 토토
    https://www.j9korea.com