Alex Arvanitakis (PGY-3)

[she/her/hers]

Contact Me

2 + 14 =

Hometown

Kansas City

College

University of Kansas

Medical School

University of Kansas

About Me

Hi, I’m a Greek American girl from Kansas who loves primary care and hanging out with my partner and our cats, exploring the outdoors, and learning new hobbies before finishing learning the old ones. I’d love to connect if you have any questions about the program, Seattle, or anything else!

Why UW Pediatrics/Seattle Children’s?

There are many special and amazing things about this program. The quality of people, both residents and all employees in general, at Seattle Children’s/UW is top notch. My co residents are not only so hard working and passionate about providing the best pediatric care, but they know how to have a blast while doing it. And everyone is so supportive- I remember on one of my first days of intern year when I was having a bad day, one of the senior residents, someone who I hadn’t even met yet, brought me a whole pile of sweets to cheer me up. Seriously the best people. The attendings and fellows are also phenomenal and go above and beyond with teaching, whether that be small points on rounds, or longer sessions in the afternoon. And very frequently I find that I am being taught a topic by the person who is writing the next guidelines for it- which is just the coolest!

Why Seattle?

So. Many. Reasons. First, Washington has to be one of the most beautiful places in the US, if not the world. The fact that I can drive an hour or less and be on a breathtaking hike is incredible. And even if outdoors isn’t your thing (which there are plenty of people where that is the case), then the city of Seattle has truly endless opportunities for fun and exploration. Amazing food, drinks, music, parks, boats, islands, views, etc. This city has it all. There is always somewhere new to explore, and always someone wanting to explore it with you (big class pro!!)

I’d love to talk to you about:

Primary care training in residency, having a non-medicine partner in residency, being far from family, maintaining physical and mental health in residency, hiking, backpacking, mountaineering (not an expert but learning), baking, cats, teaching, food, being Greek, and more.